Sunday, October 6, 2013

Psychic Saturday

My day Saturday started off kind of slow. I got to the barn early to go to a small local tack sale where I made out quite nicely. A brand new blanket for Shadow, brand new boots and half chaps all for $100.00. I was rather proud of myself. We got back and had lunch and I stood there staring at Shadow debating on wether or not I wanted to ride. Bonni and I then decided to do some more running around and then I would come back to ride.

Around 2:00 I got up on Shadow to practice the "give and take" method, which is working quite nicely. A few big lurches and then he remembered his transitions and we made it all the way around the ring in both directions at least twice. That was good for me and I let him stop as it was almost time for dinner.

Anyway, the real point to this post is kind of freaky. My best friends mom is a pet psychic. I don't know how much some of you really believe in that stuff, as a matter of fact, I don't know how much I believe in it. She does it for a living I guess. She has a YouTube series and does readings at several places around our area, she has quite a following from what I can see. We don't really talk much about it, I had gone and visited her with Gizmo once and she had come to the house to read Gucci, but I've still never been a firm believer. I don't  mean that as I doubt her abilities, I mean, I don't know how much I believe in psychics in general.

Anyway, earlier  in the week, before seeing Dom on wednesday, (which if you had read my earlier post, you would have heard that Shadow was off in his back left leg) I had texted Tracey and asked her if she could check in on Shadow for me and see how he is liking his new life with me. I know she is very busy so I didn't expect anything right away and told her no rush, well, she got back to me on Saturday.  I hadn't mentioned anything to her about him, nor did I know he was off in his back left until Wednesday. I just simply asked her to see how he was feeling about being with me and to ask him if he was happy.


Her Response:

"First of all he says he loves it when your head in his neck and pat his neck or hug him. You call him something very sweet when you do that. Something like "my special boy" or "the best horse in the world" I don't really know the words because he is giving me the feeling not the words. Whatever it is, keep doing it, k? He also says you have given him a reason to be a horse again and opened up his heart again. He loves you dearly and he is so grateful for you. He's also very relieved that you are so light because he had a bone infection in his back leg. It started in his hoof and was left untreated and went to his bone. Back left maybe, thats the limp you catch sometimes. It's sore sometimes."


Okay well, I am ALWAYS hugging him or putting my face in his neck and telling him I love him, and I call him "bub" or "bubba" all the time. So that was the first thing that caught my attention as I was reading along. She knows none of this. She has never even seen us together or met him in person, just pictures. Then there is the leg, HOW WEIRD! This is way after Wednesday when he was off in his back left, which I never told her about, since I reached out to her before that!


Freaky, right? Maybe that changed my thinking on psychics, lol. So now I have that leg on my brain. He was perfect on Saturday no soreness, not off, no hitch, nothing. So maybe it does just bother him sometimes. I massaged him before and after our ride Saturday and didn't get to see him today because I was so lazy, but I guess all I can do is keep  an eye on it. After our ride Wednesday I rubbed his whole entire leg from the top of his but all the way down to his foot with Sore No More, I don't think I missed an inch, which seemed to really help.

I don't think it's anything that is going to affect his abilities, at least it hasn't yet, and with the  supplement and everyones close eye, I think he will be just fine.


Just a very surreal "reading", I'd say. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment