Tuesday, May 27, 2014

One step closer..

Every week shadow is improving tremendously.

Saturdays have turned into quite the busy day at the barn with back to back lessons for Dom and I really enjoy the time to get away from the real world and worry about what makes me happy. 

The last two Saturdays were like, my first real lessons I guess you could say. No lunging and Dom didn't ride first, just me and shadow and Dom on the ground teaching, which I'm really enjoying.

This past weekend he really felt great and he offered so really beautiful canter. Dom took some photos but we didn't get any of him cantering because we weren't ready, lol. Dom said it was a real canter there was no pace to it at all, great! 

He is really improving at the walk, it's almost perfect and he is really getting the hang of the free walking. For the last two weeks I have gone home all smiles. Just the thought of how well he is doing after I though our whole game plan was out the window with how lame he was at the beginning of spring.

The regimen I have him on is working wonders and I didn't even have to put the wedges on him, which makes me even happier. 

I really can't even say how proud I am, he is really coming along better than I could have expected so far. 

Head shot of my handsome by Dom

Never imagined him to look this good 

Top is august of last year and bottom was this past Saturday, major improvements!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment