Friday, April 25, 2014

Blog Hop: Appreciate What You Have




Let's take a moment to appreciate the Pros of our current ponies, whether you own them or just ride them in lessons. 


Totally stole this from Dom, figured it was a good opportunity to take a break from my hectic work week. 





Shadow

Happy and Handsome with his politced leg :)


He was an impulse buy, or adoption, no doubt about it. 
I had been thinking about getting back into the horse world for a little while and he basically fell into my lap.

I wanted a teenager to get back into it knowing that I'm not the rider I used to be. 

I haven't even had Shadow for a year yet, but I will say I have never had a bond with any other horse the way I do with him. 

He keeps me humble, teaches me patience and can always put a smile on my face with him hammy antics. 

So we won't be able to do any kind of jumping, but he has opened my eyes to a new discipline and I am excited to rehab him back to where we left off and start a new adventure. 

He isn't everything I had hoped, but he is more caring, forgiving and full of heart that I could have ever expected. Even being hurt, he gives me his all, almost as if he understands that doing what I ask will only help him, and that I would never hurt him. 

Out of all the horses I have ever owned, He will always be the one nearest to my heart. He is my boy and I wouldn't trade him or his flaws for anything in the world. I wouldn't want anyone else by my side or on my team and I think he knows he is with me forever, no matter what and that he could never let me down. 

Love my boy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment